40. COMPANY CANTEEN AT BICOCCA
Preface by F. Irace
Interpretation of the company canteen at Pirelli (Minoletti).
The precious technological box situated at the edge of the Pirelli industrial enclosure was designed between 1955 and 1957. Since then, it has played a significant role in the social life of the factory. Seemingly peripheral to the more relevant paths of the architectural history of modern post-World War II Milan, it constitutes indeed a delicate tile in the generation of the so-called glass architectures that left their mark in the creation of the International Style à la Milanese. Giacomo De Amicis offers an analysis of the work per se, seeking the founding principles constituting the rationale of a project that provides itself cultural answers. (Excerpt from presentation by Fulvio Irace)